You think you’re good, you think you’re tough... Come try our course– IT’LL EAT YOU UP!
- No pets, bicycles or strollers of any kind are allowed on the 5k/10k/15k course.
- Start & Finish: corner of Main and Hill streets (one block south of Tom & Huck statue).
- This is a closed course: out-and-back, with a side trip up Lover’s Leap on the way back. Participants use the traffic lane closest to the river. Please stay in the right hand lane, with slower individuals keeping to the far right. Using the wrong lane is an automatic disqualification.
- There are 5 water stations along the course.
- First Aid stations available on top of Lover’s Leap and at the finish line. Additionally there is a physician and EMT's all along the course. If you need assistance please seek out any volunteer in a blue race shirt.
- All 5k/10k/15k runners are required to tackle Lover’s Leap.
- This is a DAG timed event - your time begins when you cross the starting line, marked when you get to the top of Lover’s Leap, and ends when you cross the finish line.
- Additional timing gates have been added at the top of Lover’s Leap and at Mark Twain Cave and Campground (15k course only - must pass through gate twice).
- For the safety of our runners, the course is on closed roads. The roads do begin to re-open at 8:30 am. Runners/walkers on the course at this time are encouraged to proceed with caution and return to the Finish Line.
- Restrooms are available at “Y” Men’s Mud Volleyball (area between Hill & North St).
- Showers are available for your convenience in two locations: 1) Mud Volleyball area on North Street and 2) Hannibal’s YMCA located behind Hannibal High School on Hwy 61. You will need to show your race # for access to the locker rooms.
- Post-race refreshments will be available at the finish area as you complete the race.
- Race results will be posted by the Registration area as they are received. Awards will be given out at the finish line area.
- 5k Leisure Walk is an un-timed event; however, all rules apply. Please be respectful of the runners on the course as they are competing for prizes.
- The children’s Fun Run will start at the cobblestone area at Hill & Main Street at 9:00 am.
Read over the race information carefully, some information has changed from last year. Your T-shirt will be included in your race packet.
Packet pick-up will be Friday, July 3rd from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm and the morning of the race beginning at 5:30 am on the corner of Main and Hill street. Day of race registration will conclude at 6:45 am. We’ll see you at 7:00 am on the 4th!
To print a copy of the rules; click here.
Rules For A Tasty Race
(To be read Tongue-in-Cheek )
Follow all Course Marshal’s instructions. They have been sanctioned by the course gods and any violators will be sacrificed.
- If you leave the marked path, be prepared to fight your way through the “cannibal-infested” jungle.
- The road is very steep on Lovers’ Leap... (No rolling down).
- If you see someone in trouble, let a volunteer know. We’ll dispatch a medical unit...they’ll stick a fork in ‘em to see if they’re done.
- If you drop out of the race for any reason, you will be offered to the course gods as one who was eaten up by the “Hannibal Cannibal.”
- No sponsor, volunteer, or worker can be eaten. If you are hungry, goodies will be provided after the race. Please wait.
- Any participant taking the “easy” way down Lovers’ Leap (straight down) will be disqualified.
- Whiners will be served as appetizers.